A Goethean Safari — In Kenya
with Mark Riegner, Anthony Mwaura and Sarnia Guiton
Join Prescott College environmental studies professor and ecologist Mark Riegner, Ph.D., local naturalist, safari manager and guide Anthony Mwaura, and group leader Sarnia Guiton, on a 15-day Safari in Kenya.
This is an exciting opportunity to not only experience wildlife on safari in the East African environment but also to study it in depth.
Custom design your own safari adventure
Anthony Mwaura can give you options with current prices and help you plan your itinerary. August, September & October are the best months, with high season mid-June to November & low season January to May/June. Accommodation is in Safari Lodges in the Game Parks and Conservancies with full board & excellent buffet meals and amenities and comforts that one would expect. There are a variety of transportation options for your convenience.
Itineraries are custom designed to suit your needs, and can be different lengths depending on your time.
A sample, longer itinerary follows:
(Some accommodation may be different but of similar quality.)
- Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta airport Nairobi, & transfer to Nairobi Serena Hotel
- Start with a less demanding day at the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and a visit to the Bomas of Kenya to hear African music and watch traditional dancing.
- Next day – Drive to Tsavo National Park for 2 days staying at Kilaguni Serena Lodge with a game drive in the afternoon. Most days have two game drives, morning and afternoon. Evenings can be spent with a relaxed dinner and watching the animals that come to the waterholes to drink.
- Amboseli National Park for 2 days at Amboseli Sopa Lodge, game drives and visit to a Masai village.
- Leave Amboseli for Mount Kenya National Park staying in the forest at Serena Mountain Lodge.
- On to the Samburu National Reserve with many animal sitings including the gerenuk only found in Samburu.
- To the Ol Pejeta Conservancy with the highest wildlife-to-area ratio in Kenya and Sweet Waters for a night in tented accommodation with ensuite bathroom. Visit the
- Chimpanzee Sanctuary and meet Baraka, the protected blind rhino.
- Lake Nakuru to see the lake of flamingos then on to the Masai Mara next day – Masai Mara Sopa Lodge. Full day safari to the Mara River for animal crossings (depending on migration times) with crocodiles and hippos. Game drives continue twice a day or according to your wishes.
- Shopping opportunities on the way back to Nairobi Serena Hotel before departing Kenya.
Please contact us for more information about planning your own itinerary.