Custom design your own safari adventure
Anthony Mwaura can give you options with current prices and help you plan your itinerary. August, September & October are the best months, with high season mid-June to November & low season January to May/June. Accommodation is in Safari Lodges in the Game Parks and Conservancies with full board & excellent buffet meals and amenities and comforts that one would expect. There are a variety of transportation options for your convenience.
Itineraries are custom designed to suit your needs, and can be different lengths depending on your time.
A sample, longer itinerary follows:
(Some accommodation may be different but of similar quality.)
- Arrive at Jomo Kenyatta airport Nairobi, & transfer to Nairobi Serena Hotel
- Start with a less demanding day at the David Sheldrick Elephant Orphanage and a visit to the Bomas of Kenya to hear African music and watch traditional dancing.
- Next day – Drive to Tsavo National Park for 2 days staying at Kilaguni Serena Lodge with a game drive in the afternoon. Most days have two game drives, morning and afternoon. Evenings can be spent with a relaxed dinner and watching the animals that come to the waterholes to drink.
- Amboseli National Park for 2 days at Amboseli Sopa Lodge, game drives and visit to a Masai village.
- Leave Amboseli for Mount Kenya National Park staying in the forest at Serena Mountain Lodge.
- On to the Samburu National Reserve with many animal sitings including the gerenuk only found in Samburu.
- To the Ol Pejeta Conservancy with the highest wildlife-to-area ratio in Kenya and Sweet Waters for a night in tented accommodation with ensuite bathroom. Visit the
- Chimpanzee Sanctuary and meet Baraka, the protected blind rhino.
- Lake Nakuru to see the lake of flamingos then on to the Masai Mara next day – Masai Mara Sopa Lodge. Full day safari to the Mara River for animal crossings (depending on migration times) with crocodiles and hippos. Game drives continue twice a day or according to your wishes.
- Shopping opportunities on the way back to Nairobi Serena Hotel before departing Kenya.
Please contact us for more information about planning your own itinerary.